The Amaatra Sport’s Day
In the words of famed Michael Jordan, “Just play, have fun, enjoy the game” would always ring in the hearts of every child and adult alike. Human beings are multifaceted and all round development is only possible if we cater to every dimension with diligence and innovation. This is exemplified in our sport’s day. Sports and games are an integral part of a student’s life. No doubt a student should work hard to be successful in academics and competitive exams, but they should also play games and partake in sports the benefits of which can hardly be undermined.
- The Amaatra faculty and the student fraternity embrace sports alongside with academics like the two sides of the same coin. This has propelled the sports team to organize competition not just on the sports day but throughout the academic year, which culminated at the Annual Sports Day 2016-17.
- On a bright sunny day, the sports day unfolded itself with the unfurling of the school flag by our very own senior school Principal Mrs. Sulochana Rajulu, alongside with Mrs. Deepa Desikan, our junior school Principal. The chief guest declared the sports meet open, amidst a thunderous applause.
- This was followed by the march past, at the helm was the school captain, followed by the respective house captains and their housemates. The school captain led the oath taking ceremony.
Torch relay is an integral part of any sports day. Chosen students carried the burning torch, signifying the spirit of sportsmanship in every child.
- a spectacular show was put up by the second and third grade students, who performed yoga asanas, displaying the dexterity of the human body.
- The students automatically went into a spontaneous clapping and cheering mode when the first grade students presented a group dance bringing great joy and cheer to the audience.
- The girls from the fifth, sixth, seventh and the eighth grade presented the Aerobics. It was a delightful sight to see them dance gracefully to the tunes of carefully chosen numbers.
- The boys were equally sporting when they demonstrated their art and skill at forming human pyramid. All these events were thoughtfully sandwiched with prize distribution for all the sporting events that were conducted during the academic year 2016-17. Some of the prizes were for the basket ball, throw ball, volley ball matches and the athletic events.
- The students put on a broad smile as they came forward to receive prizes and trophies from the chief guest of the day and the other coordinators. The Panani house captain lifted the overall championship trophy for the year 2016-17 second year in a row. Mrs. Deepa Desikan thanked one and all involved in making this event a grand success, finally stressing on the need on becoming a sporting nation and the role schools could play at attaining that goal. The National Anthem brought to a close the Sport’s Day. The students were seen happily carrying the laurels home.
participated in the GEAR INNOVATIVE INTL School interschool Basketball